Island Lake Christian Retreat is located 13 km west of Coleman Alberta just before the Alberta/BC border.
The camp is located on the west end of Island Lake with access to hiking trails and swimming in Island Lake just steps from the facility.
There will be a bus travelling to camp on July 25th. We encourage all campers to travel to camp on the bus, this will give you the opportunity to meet the other campers before getting to camp.
The Bus can be met at the following locations:
- Calgary: the CNIB July 26th at noon, there will be a BBQ lunch served and a short presentation before the bus departs at 1:30PM sharp!
- Other pickup points as needed below.
- Petro Canada Station, Aldersyde approx. 2:00 PM
- Nanton Community Centre approx. 2:45 PM
- Fort Macleod: the parking lot at the Shell Gas Station on the east end of town.
- Departure is no later than 4:00 PM!
There is no charge to ride the bus, but we would welcome a $10.00 donation to assist with fuel costs.
Arrival & Registration
2021 Camp Dates: July 25th to July 30th, 2021.
Arrival time is approximately 5:00 PM on July 30th (the bus ride takes approximately 3 to 4 hours).
Please complete the medical form attached to this site and bring it to camp with you.
You cannot attend camp without supplying complete medical information.
Date: July 30th, 2021.
Bus departs at approximately 11:30 AM from the Island Lake Christian Retreat on Friday July 30th and arrives in Calgary at 6 to 7 PM (it takes 3 to 4 hours).
The bus will be stopping for lunch at the camp grounds of the Cowley/Pincher Creek Lions Club before reversing the route back to Calgary.